Art & Practice of Incubation Brooding & Educating Baby Chicks — 8 Classes
Starts July 1, 2015, 7:30 EDT
Suitable for home, school and science projects
This is the first EVER ON-LINE, LIVE incubation, brooding and educating baby chicks course that combines artificial and natural ways. Students practice incubation and managing broody hens real time along with the instructor. Students incubate eggs at home or in their class room, and manage broody hens (if any) in tandem with the class so there is real-time, in-sync instructions with the incubating and broody hen process. More details here.
Hot Weather Chicken Care & Coop Modification—4 Classes
Starts June 25, 2015, 7:30 ET
Hot weather care of flocks is differences from other seasons. Learn simple, time saving ways to make daily tasks easier and keep flocks healthy through the severest of heat. Topics:
• Breed–hot climate tolerant characteristics
• Summer egg production
• Coop & shelter hot weather modifications.
• Summer feeds, feeding & water supply.
• Pro-active hot weather management for optimal flock health and production.
• Heat stress and treatment.
Getting ready now for the increasingly hot temperatures can help prevent a lot of trouble and harm to your bird later. Students prepare action plans for their summer flock care and coop modification. Individual coaching on what works and what doesn't. Course facilitator Pat Foreman.
More details here.
Home Poultry Processing Using Tools You Already Have or Can Make
June 22 class 7-9pm & June 27 coaching 10am-1pm
Learn how to humanely, safely and sanitarily process birds. Get healthy, high-quality meat and bone broth from your backyard flock. You are coached every step of the entire process including • The significance of taking life • The science & chemistry behind skilled meat processing • Processing equipment you have—or could borrow • Hand plucking done fast • Evisceration & anatomy lesson • Nutritional differences of meat from heritage vs. commercial breeds • Freezer packaging for long-term storage. Processing chickens for family food is a lost art of our culture. It’s time to bring back this old tradition and combined it with new, humane techniques based on meat science. One 2-hour class and 1/2 day hands-on coaching. Facilitated by Pat Foreman and David Schafer, The Featherman. More details here.
====================== Courses That Will Be Offered in Fall 2015 & 2016
Click on each course for detailed information
• Chickens and YOU Primary Series: The Chicken Have-More Plan
• Garden Chicks: Growing Food With and For Chickens
• Therapy Chicken Training & Coaching
• Winter Chicken Care & Coop Winterization Training & Coaching
LIVE ONLINE COURSES AND COACHING
• Convenient access of on-line training from wherever you are with a computer or phone.
• Advanced GoToTraining format with cam video.
• Class notes with copies of all slides for clear understanding of concepts, designs and systems.
• 24/7 replay of class sessions.
• Real time video streaming and chat during class.
• Chat room opens 1/2 hour before class and remains open for Q&A and student interactions.
• Classes run from 60 to 90 minutes depending on the topic and student questions.
• Small classes for maximum participation.
• Available international through your computer & VoIP, or phone access.
• Continue with other Chickeneers on a private (closed) Chickens and YOU FaceBook group.
• We strive to keep tuition affordable; targeted at about $20 per contact hour.
• Facilitated live by popular author & speaker Patricia Foreman and other expert guest Chickeneers
To arrange for courses in your area, scheduling & registration (540) 261-8775 or eMail: Training@ChickensAndYou.com