A therapy chicken is specially selected and trained, and its owner specifically trained to handled a bird in order to provide therapeutic visitation, comfort, education and entertainment to people in retirement homes, assisted living, schools, rehabilitation facilities and other suitable venues. Learn how to work with your birds (often household pets) to take them safely and sanitarily to visitation places.
• Bird selection
• Handling & training fundamentals
• Bird safety
• Public speaking & teaching
• Transportation of birds
As the therapy chicken handler, you must be able to:
• Read your bird's particular stress signals
• Anticipate your animal's responses, behavior and positions
• Advocate for the safety and well being of your bird at all times
• Re-direct your bird's behavior in a positive way, t
• Chicken chat & valid information with the people you visit
• Know the 7 myths of urban chickens with appropriate responses.
Graduates awarded the Therapy Chicken Handler Certificate.
Course facilitator Patricia Foreman. 6 Classes from 60 to 90 minutes long. Tuition $175.
Qualified as one of the advance courses for the Master Backyard Chicken Keeper Certification and Diploma.
LIVE ONLINE COURSES AND COACHING
• Convenient access of on-line training from wherever you are with a computer or phone.
• Advanced GoToTraining format with cam video.
• Class notes with copies of all slides for clear understanding of concepts, designs and systems.
• 24/7 replay of class sessions.
• Real time video streaming and chat during class.
• Chat room opens 1/2 hour before class and remains open for Q&A and student interactions.
• Classes run from 60 to 90 minutes depending on the topic and student questions.
• Small classes for maximum participation.
• Available international through your computer & VoIP, or phone access.
• Continue with other Chickeneers on a private (closed) Chickens and YOU FaceBook group.
• We strive to keep tuition affordable; targeted at about $20 per contact hour.
• Facilitated live by popular author & speaker Patricia Foreman and other expert guest Chickeneers
To arrange for courses in your area, scheduling & registration (540) 261-8775 or eMail: Training@ChickensAndYou.com